Spectacular South Africa
Journey Leaders: Peta Panos
Spiritual Quest Journeys invites you on an awe-inspiring adventure to the Rainbow nation of South Africa. Connect to the Earth´s base Chakra at Table Mountain in magnificent Cape Town and bliss out at a luxury game lodge in the natural wilderness area of one of the country´s premier game viewing wildlife reserves.
Enjoy daily and workshop energetic practices including: how to transform your life; healing the past & releasing of all that no longer serves you; manifestation and change management to mention a few – all of which will enhance your journey and future life greatly.
Tailor made journeys available on application
Understanding the intricacies of this fascinating diverse Rainbow nation – sophisticated cities, vast majestic landscapes, natural treasures and a unique array of wildlife ~ 3 nights in Cape Town and 4 nights in the South African Bush ~ Fully Inclusive Safari experience ~ Meditations, ceremonies and Energy Alchemy workshop ~ Fascinating cultures and local traditions ~ Opportunity to extend your stay pre or post journey ~ Sublime culinary offerings
|Duration:||8 days example tour|
|Price per person sharing:||On application|
|Journey Leader:||Peta Panos|
|Location of nights spent:||1 night Victoria & Alfred Hotel; 2 nights Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel ;4 nights Tintswalo Safari Lodge|
|Key Activations:(there are a number of other meditations, initiations and ceremonies en-route)||Opening ceremony and intention setting meditation
Energy Alchemy workshop
Dream Life activation
Closing and integration ceremony
|Arrival point of entry:||Cape Town International Airport|
|Departure point:||Hoedspruit Airport|
Peta Panos, founder of Spiritual Quest Journeys, grew up in South Africa and has spent over 26 years in the tourism industry exploring every corner of Southern Africa and many destinations worldwide. Peta’s inspiration is to make the most of every day and has personally hosted many groups in South Africa. Peta’s personal quest has been to live joyously from the heart and has helped many people on their spiritual paths over the years. As a Reiki Master, intuitive coach, clairsentient and conscious world traveler with a light fun loving approach, Peta effortlessly empowers and assists people to step into their own truth, release the past and to open their hearts to conscious soul living and manifesting the life of their dreams.
As there is so much to do and see in Cape Town, we highly recommend that you arrive a few days early and we can tailor-make a Cape Town pre-tour for you with ease. Suggested day tours include: Cape Town City and Table Mountain tour; Cape Winelands tour; Whale Watching in Hermanus tour; Robben Island tour to mention a few.
Day 1 : Thurs 4 Dec Cape Town arrival
On arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you will be met and transferred to Victoria and Alfred Hotel.
On the north quay of what was once known as the Breakwater Basin is the Victoria & Alfred Hotel. Situated in one of the world’s most renowned working harbours, it was built over a hundred years ago and only converted into a world-class luxury hotel in 1990. The V&A Waterfront, however, is so much more than a working harbour; it is alive with an incredible blend of international style and local flavour.
This stunning hotel boasts ninety-four bedrooms, each with an elegantly appointed, marble en-suite bathroom. The first and second floors are dedicated to junior suites, with views of either Table Mountain or the Piazza, comprising of en-suite bedroom and an additional private lounge or dining area. The third floor is given over to the superior loft bedrooms which effortlessly exhibit all the comfort, luxury and tranquility associated with the Victoria & Alfred Hotel. The stylish, contemporary decor of the suites gives a homely ambience, while the colonial atmosphere of the central areas gently reminds one of the histories of the infamous Cape of Storms.
The hotel’s other facilities include a gym, spa, beauty salon and swimming pool set in lush private gardens. Dining at the hotel is a treat with OYO being the hotel’s signature restaurant and arguably the finest dining in the Waterfront. Alternatively there are four sister restaurants located in close proximity to the hotel, which afford dining diversity with the ease of room billing.
The V&A hotel is the perfect location from which to explore all that the harbour has to offer; exceptionally diverse dining experiences, world-class shopping and craft markets, historic tours to Robben Island and romantic sunset cruises.
The elegance of the V&A Hotel hints back to a bygone era, a warm personality combined with modern international standards makes staying here an absolute delight.
Situated at the foot of Table Mountain, in the heart of Cape Town’s working harbor, the V&A Waterfront offers the visitor an abundance of unforgettable experiences. Indoor shopping and entertainment venues seamlessly merge with ocean vistas and mountain views and the fresh sea breeze and warm African sun add zest to a cosmopolitan, vibrant atmosphere. More than 80 restaurants bring a fusion of international food, from rustic al fresco fish and chips to fine dining cuisine.
Spend the rest of your day and evening at leisure relaxing at the hotel, enjoying a spa treatment or taking one of the many full or half day optional extra tours on offer.
Overnight Victoria & Alfred Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
Day 2: Fri 5 Dec
After an early breakfast, depart from the Victoria and Alfred Hotel traveling through Cape Town’s leafy Southern Suburbs and passing the famous campus of the University of Cape Town to visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, one of the finest indigenous gardens in Africa that nestles at the foot of Table Mountain, for our opening ceremony. Believed to be Gaia´s Base Chakra and Earth Element Vortex, Table Mountains energy vortex naturally spins in a clockwise direction and radiates light. In addition, two major ley-lines meet here and this concentration of energy enhances healing and deepens intuition.
Then, drive over the scenic Mountain pass along Boyes Drive, where you can take in views of the quaint fishing harbour at Kalk Bay. Visit Boulders Beach for an exciting close up encounter with African Penguins and through the historical naval village of Simons town to enjoy your welcome lunch at the Flagship with Celebrity Chef Bruce Robertson. The Flagship is one of the most aspirational places to eat on the Cape Peninsula and Chef Bruce’s gourmet house is located in the quirky southside of historical Simon’s Town.
A lunch at the Chef’s Table is truly a piece of culinary theatre. This seafood experience starts with a glass of bubbles to accompany the first of your 5 courses with wine tasters, finishing some 3 hours later with a sublime dessert. This is a ‘Bucket list’ occasion for people who love seafood, wine and engaging with others. From the moment you arrive there is an air of excitement and experimentation and the feeling that you’ve landed somewhere special.
After lunch, we will enjoy the awe inspiring views from the world-renowned 600m heights of Chapman’s Peak Drive, which is without a doubt one of the world’s most spectacular mountain passes, en-route to Tintswalo Atlantic where we will spend the next two nights.
Tintswalo Atlantic is located on the outskirts of the quaint fishing village of Hout Bay, along the epic Chapman’s Peak drive which offers the most magnificent coastal scenery set against a mountainous backdrop. A beautiful fynbos incline leads down the mountainside to the sea where this boutique hotel nestles into the rocky cliff, washed by the Atlantic’s waves.
Tintswalo Atlantic is secluded, exclusive and the very epitome of tranquillity. This cosy hotel is fronted by its own shoreline, experienced only by those fortunate enough to share in the comfort and luxury of the hotel. The shared areas include a bar and lounge area preceding the dining room, where an interactive kitchen caters to every culinary desire. The wooden decked exterior affords incredible views across the ocean that may be enjoyed while immersed in the raised jacuzzi or from a comfortable deck lounger.
There are ten individual suites and a double roomed presidential suite. Each suite is individually themed to evoke the senses; with oceanic colours and textures that imitate the world’s most well-known and beautiful islands. All suites have an en-suite bathroom complete with double basins, magnificent walk in shower and oval freestanding bath. A private veranda overlooks the ocean and at certain times of the year whales may be seen frolicking in the bay.
On arrival, enjoy sundowners on the deck as the sun sets behind the Sentinel. The lulling sound of the ocean and the awe-inspiring scenic beauty allows Tintswalo Atlantic to truly live up to its Shangaan meaning – bestowing on guests an intangible feeling of love, gratitude and peace. Tintswalo Atlantic is a true gift!
Evening at leisure, overnight at Tintswalo Altantic on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 3: Sat 6 Dec
After a leisurely breakfast, join Peta on the beach for a release ceremony of all that no longer serves you and then a Energy Alchemy workshop to deepen your understanding of how energy works so empower and transform your life in simple practical ways. Spend the rest of the day at leisure: relaxing around the pool; enjoying spa treatments; exploring the surrounding mountain reserve and pebbled beach or taking an optional half day tour to Cape Point.
Optional extra half day Day Cape Point Tour including: Enjoy a scenic drive of dramatic and breathtaking coastline driving along Chapman’s Peak to Cape Point in the ruggedly beautiful Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, home to the unique Cape Fynbos vegetation and its prolific bird and wild life such as the Cape Mountain Zebra, here Bontebok, Ostrich and Baboon.
You can walk up the steep pathway or ride in the “The Flying Dutchman” funicular, (which is a cable-railway and the only commercial funicular of its type in Africa) to see the old lighthouse where panoramic views of the meeting place of the icy Atlantic and warm Indian Oceans await. Said to be the romantic meeting place of the two mighty oceans, the Atlantic and the Indian, Sir Francis Drake the Explorer once called it “the fairest Cape that we saw in the whole circumference of the Globe”. And rightly so, as it must be one of the highlight of any visit to the Mother City.
Overnight Tintswalo Altantic on a bed and breakfast basis.
Day 4: Sun 7 Dec
After an early breakfast, transfer from Tintswalo Atlantic to Cape Town International Airport, in time to meet your scheduled flight to Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit. You will be met and transferred to Tinstwalo Safari Lodge where you will spend four nights on a fully inclusive basis
Tintswalo Safari Lodge is situated within the Manyeleti Private Game Reserve in Mpumalanga Province. The reserve neighbours the Kruger National Park on the eastern side and fenceless borders allow more than a 100 different mammal species to roam free. The Manyeleti is a magnificent region of African wilderness, the name meaning ‘place of stars’ to local Shangaan tribesman.
The lodge itself is nestled amongst a grove of Sycamore trees with six exclusive thatched suites lying along the banks of the seasonal Nwaswitsontso River. The suites are linked to the main lodge by raised wooden walkways, all named and themed after iconic African explorers. The decor is reminiscent of the mid-19th century – luxurious and spiced with a rich ambience of history and culture. Awaken in the lavishly adorned king size bed or unwind in the floating bath. Each suite opens onto a private deck, with outdoor shower, from which heavy heads of elephant may be viewed as they drink from the waterhole; intimate sightings are a highlight from the plunge pool.
The main lodge boasts al fresco dining on the deck, exquisite formal dining, an exclusive library of rare books and a well-stocked wine cellar. For additional indulgence the Vital Source spa is privately situated at the lodge.
Game walks, and night and day drives offer the chance to see a leopard lazing on a thick low branch, or a pride of lions, with eyes flickering in the vehicle spotlight. The varied birdlife offers a breathtaking treat for the bird lovers. Special experiences include dining under the stars in the heart of the bush and the enjoyment of sundowners, with nature being the only intruder on this moment.
Tintswalo Safari Lodge is a rare African jewel, the epitome of comfort – a glimpse into a bygone era.
During our time at Tintswalo Safari Lodge, Peta will guide you through various daily processes including a gratitude and manifestation meditation.
Day 6: Tues 9 Dec
Optional extra half day tour: After our early morning game drive and brunch, for those that would like to take the optional extra tour, we will depart the lodge for a visit to the Hoedsruit Endangered Species Centre which focuses on the conservation of rare, vulnerable or endangered animals. Cheetah Conservation is one of their core disciplines.
The Centre is actively involved in the breeding of endangered, vulnerable or rare animal species and the release and establishment of captive-bred cheetahs into the wild. We will also earn about the treatment and rehabilitation of orphaned or injured animals which are brought to the Centre.
After our enjoyable visit here, we will visit the Silk factory located close by, a great opportunity to see how silk products are made and perhaps treat yourself or your loved ones with the various silk products.
Silk – first discovered five thousand years ago – became the royal fabric of ancient China and remains so to the day. Not satisfied with only wearing and sleeping wrapped in the finest natural fibre, the Tsang Dynasty learned to add pure silk to distilled fragrant waters for bathing creating soothing essences of wellness for the skin. Godding & Godding have embraced these traditions, developing a range of unique products each naturally enhanced by Africa’s own traditional use of her fauna and flora for wellness, vitality and aroma (rooibos, marula, baobab and aloe vera) resulting in a range of products of uncompromising quality and luxury. A magnificent range of silk skincare products and hypoallergenic bedding all handcrafted for you. To compliment your time; to enhance your personal space and to just treat who you are. All natural, you can be sure of no oxidants and or synthetic chemicals, just the pureness and goodness of silk and African scents and secrets.
Day 8: Thurs 11 Dec Departure Hoedspruit
Private transfer from Tintswalo Safari Lodge to Eastgate International Airport (Hoedspruit) to connect to outbound flights.
- Private road transfer from Cape Town International Airport to Victoria & Alfred Hotel
- 1 nights accommodation at Victoria & Alfred Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis
- Full day excursion on day 2 including the welcome lunch with Chef Bruce Robertson at The Flagship
- 2 nights accommodation at Tintswalo Atlantic in luxury sea facing suites on a bed and breakfast basis
- Private road transfer from Tintswalo Atlantic to Cape Town International Airport
- Private road transfer from Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit) to Tintswalo Safari Lodge
- 4 nights at Tintswalo Safari Lodge on a fully inclusive basis including: Accommodation; all meals at Tintswalo; Teas/coffees; Soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits & house wines; all game viewing activities (game drive, bush walks, star gazing); Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Back and shoulder massage at Tintswalo Safari Lodge
- Return road transfer from Tintswalo Safari Lodge to Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit)
- Full time Journey Leader
- All meditations and ceremonies
Please note that accommodation is on a twin/double shared basis. The single room supplement is US$ 800 and subject to availability.
- International and domestic flights
- Meals and drinks other than specified
- Activities other than specified
- Items of a personal nature
- Cancellation, travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Visa fees where relevant for entry into South Africa
Optional Extra Tours:
Afternoon tour to Cape Point: US$ 110 per person
Half day tour to the Endangered Species Centre and Silk Farm visit: US$ 160 per person
The above tours are based on a minimum of 2 people and include pick up/drop off; touring and entrance fees
As it is often more cost effective to book local flights with your long haul ticket, we have excluded the cost of the flights. We can, however, give you the exact flight details you will need to book or can book them for you is required. Please discuss this with your Spiritual Quest Journeys consultant at the time of booking for the best solution.
A full list of Spiritual Quest Journeys terms and conditions is available on the Terms and Conditions page of www.spiritualquestjourneys.com Specific terms and conditions relating to this tour, are as follows:
- To secure your space, a deposit of US$ 2 000 is due at time of reservation. The full tour cost is due by the 1st Sept 2014. For all bookings received after 1st Sept 2014, full payment will be due at time of booking.
- To ensure comfort and enjoyment, this tour accommodates a maximum of 16 people. Please note that we require minimum numbers for this tour to operate. Should the minimum number of participants not be reached, we will re-cost the journey based on the number of confirmed guests or, if possible, tailor make an itinerary best suited to your requirements. If confirmed participants choose not to accept the new costing or tailor made alternative, the journey will be cancelled and a full refund of the payment received will be given.
- The tour has been costed in United States Dollars. Actual bank rates on the day of payment will apply.
- Payment may be made by direct bank transfer or by credit card via PayPal. Credit card payments via PayPal will be subject to a 5 % admin fee.
- Cancellations after payment of the deposit or balance are subject to the following penalties:
- Up to 90 days prior to departure, client deposit will be refunded subject to an admin fee of US$ 1000 .
- Should a cancellation be received between 59 – 0 days prior to the arrival date, 100% cancellation penalty would be charged. The relevant cancellation policy applies should the guest fail to join or start their journey for any reason, including airline delays or missed connections. Please ensure adequate travel insurance is in place for this eventuality.
- Individuals are responsible for their own personal comprehensive medical, travel, cancellation, curtailment and default, baggage and flight insurance for the duration of their trip. Personal items, such as jackets, cameras, purses or daypacks are the sole responsibility of the owner. Due to the remote areas in which we operate, it is vital that all guests are covered for emergencies and other unforeseen circumstances. We cannot be held responsible for any guest traveling without insurance. We strongly recommend tour participants take out personal travel insurance. If assistance is required, please click on Travel Insurance under Your Journey on this website.
- The onus is upon the person traveling to ensure that their personal documentation is in order, including: a valid passport with at least 3 blank pages and visa´s if applicable.
- The price quoted is subject to change in the event of any unforeseen increases in fuel costs including currency fluctuations (relevant to aircraft or transfer services) and/or Government levies/taxes.
- The above itinerary includes a lodge that is situated in a low risk Malaria area. Please consult a general practitioner, pharmacist or travel clinic, and establish what precautions will be required. Please also discuss all other travel related medical questions with your general practitioner prior to travel.
- Journey Leaders - Peta Panos
- Dates - Tailor-made tours
- Cost - On application