You are your story…or are you so much more?
Sept 2014: You are your story…or are you so much more?
Your story is nothing more than telling yourself, and others, your perspectives on your own experiences. You can be a survivor or a victim; courageous or fearful; self sacrificing or empowering – it all depends on what aspect you focus on. Yes, certain things do happen to us and it is necessary to state the facts, although it is our attitude to those facts and experiences that mold our story. E.g: My parents died when I was 6 so I was lonely, felt abandoned and it ruined my life OR my parents died when I was 6 so I learnt at a very young age to be independent and grateful for all that I did have.
Despite knowing we have free choice, many of us are victims to our stories without realizing that we can change our stories at any time. We are taught that “a leopard never changes his spots”; “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” and “the more things change, the more they stay the same” when in truth, if we don’t like any aspect of our story, we can change it by simply shifting our perception.
Our bodies and our environment change constantly and yet we are generally hell-bent on perceiving change as something outside of ourselves and we hang onto the old established way we have done things in the past. Many of us will start a new relationship, job or move house, looking for a fresh start and before too long, have the same list of complaints that we experienced in the last one. How about when we dig deep and acknowledge we have a problem and whilst we are happy to discuss it with anybody who will listen, don’t really do any-thing to change it. Slowly but surely, the list of problems, limitations and our self-perpetuating experiences becomes the focus of who we are, until they ultimately morph into our stories. If we look at the energy of what is really going on, we know that like attracts like and as our focus is on the problem, we attract more of the same.
The good news is that we can and do change; the less exciting news is that you cannot outsource change – it is an inside job and you are the only one who can do it. Success is merely a series of habits you do every day and when you change your habits – you change your life. The only way to get over something is to go through it, whether it be giving up a bad habit; moving to a new job, home or country; getting divorced; finding your perfect partner or changing the way you tell your story.
Simplistically, when you make a decision to change something in your life, your subconscious (which is designed to keep you safe and in your comfort zone) goes into resistance as soon as you start taking action. All of the beliefs, self imposed blocks and limitations you have, immediately surface and if you are not prepared to face each one head on and move through it by shifting your perceptions and releasing the blocks one by one, you will find yourself back in your old familiar comfort zone. As it is hard to see the big picture when you are in the frame, it is often very valuable to take on an intuitive coach specializing in the area that you are working on, especially when you are trying to create big changes in your life. Remember that what we experience in our physical world is a direct reflection on what is happening within us so if you want to change something in your outer world; you have to change your perceptions, beliefs and thoughts first.
Isn´t it time you empowered yourself to take stock of your life: celebrate all that is working well and change what isn’t?
A successful personal story change helps you release the past; feel free, creative and peaceful in the present and confident about living the future to it highest potential.
So, why not write your new story today….?
- Write down your story in 1 000 words or less.
- Read it through a few times and identify the areas where you want to change your story. Whilst the facts will remain the same, your perception of the facts is what your story is all about.
- Make a list of the negatives emotions that may have come up for you. This could include: Blame; shame; frustration; limited; blocked; fear; anger; regret; powerlessness etc. If your experience involves another person, ask if their actions were against you personally or circumstantial? Ask yourself whom you bought the belief of what is holding you back from and what the payoff is for keeping your old story. Write down your answers and then reflect on them, asking yourself if you were to take 100% responsibility for the reasons, what is at the core of what is really holding you back and why? e.g: Is it self worth? Fear of putting yourself out there? Deservability? Self-defeating attitude? etc
- Make another list alongside the first list and write down what you learned in each situation and what you might do to clear it. This could include: taking responsibility; discernment; learning curve; forgiveness; release; acceptance etc
- Ask yourself how you could put a positive spin on your words and re-write your story looking for the silver lining in every situation and seeing yourself as the hero of your own story. Realize that we all have experiences that we would rather have not experienced although it is the ability to rise above them and focus on the learning rather than the experience itself that propels us forward without baggage. When you see yourself as the hero in your life story, you shift how you perceive and treat yourself and gain clarity on how you would like your future to unfold.
- Do your daily practice every day and systematically work through each issue that comes up and shift the energy through process work. This is the area that most people get stuck and return to their comfort zones and the reason intuitive coaching is so beneficial if you don’t have your own energetic tool kit to work with. If you want to go it alone, there are many free tools online including many of my newsletters and my free eBook on practical energy work.
- Remember that energy work harnesses instant results although it takes a little while to feel the shift in our denser physical bodies so always do some self care to support your physical body through the process e.g. drink more water, get enough rest, eat well etc.
- Once you have rewritten your story of what brought you to this point in your life, continue to write the future as you dream into it. Create a vision of what you want in the future – this helps pull you out of your old story and propel you forwards.
- Decide that you will make the necessary changes in order to achieve the outcome that you want no matter what.
- Break your plan down into bite-sized chunks and diarize your action steps.
- Sheer willpower will get you a part of the way, however, when you want your goal more than you want the problem no matter what, it is far easier to achieve it.
- As your perception shifts and evolves, the change that you had intended is grounded into the physical and becomes your new normal.
I would love to hear how this impacts on your life so please drop me a note in the comments section below and wishing you a wonderful month ahead!
Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words and your faith stronger than your feelings.
Love and blessings
Transformational Intuitive Coach and owner of Spiritual Quest Journeys
Since ancient times, sacred sites all over the world have had a mysterious allure for millions of people, drawn to their unexplained power and presence. Sacred sites have the power to heal the body, enlighten the mind and awaken the soul with endless accounts of life-changing and profound experiences as testament. This newsletter feature endeavours to share interesting information on sacred sites and inspire you to experience them for yourself.
Zambia – South Luangwa National Park
The upcoming yoga, meditation and walking safari in May 2015, takes place in one of the most unspoilt wilderness areas in Africa, namely Zambia’s iconic South Luangwa National Park and is where the African walking safari was pioneered.
My father, Jon Panos, founded Gametrackers Botswana and was the first fly in safari operator in Northern Botswana and my sisters and I grew up going on safari there so I have seen it develop and become more and more commercial over my lifetime. I love going to Zambia, as it offers what Botswana did 20 years ago – a profoundly un-commercialised intimate wilderness experience, with understated bush luxury.
For the setting of our yoga, meditation and walking safari, I chose Bushcamps Company for a number of reasons – Mfuwe Game Lodge is an award winning lodge, famous for the resident Elephants that wonder through the lodge and even the reception area to feast of the large wild Mango tree in Oct and Nov each year. The lodge is set around the banks of two lagoons where an endless stream of wildlife make up your panoramic view in motion, as you lounge on the open deck or refresh yourself in the swimming pool. There is a bush spa and decadent curio shop to enjoy when you are not out on game drives or bush walks.
The bush camps are set in a remote part of the South Luangwa National Park and take a maximum of 8 people, which is why our safari is limited to 8 guests. The beauty of this safari is the option of walking from one camp to another – game drive transfers are also available for those that prefer to drive.
The Bushcamps Company is also very involved in various community development projects. The group will visit some of these projects on the safari and have the opportunity of giving back.
The prolific bird and wildlife coupled with the unrivalled expertise of the local guides mean that sightings of leopard, elephant, hippo, lion and wild dog are not just rare experiences, but commonplace. With over 750 beautiful bird species and plenty of plains game, your safari experience is guaranteed to be exceptional.
The journey leader, Debs carter, has been in the safari industry for over 26 years and hosting yoga safaris for over 12 years. Her yoga practice leans towards a therapeutic style, helping the group create better body awareness and caters to beginners and experienced yogis. The daily yoga sessions include breath work, meditation, poses and relaxation and Debs will also lead guided meditations including walking, eating and various zen meditations.
Our unique safari covers all aspects of this magical area: Immerse yourself in the unrivalled birding and game viewing experience; enjoy daily yoga and meditation; connect to the raw heart of Africa with like minded people; visit the community project with the opportunity to give back; luxuriate in exclusive use of the bush camps.
For more information and reservations, please visit Zambia – Take a Walk on the Wild Side
Where are you going in 2014?
Where are you going in 2014? Check out our incredible journey offering:
In a world where we are overwhelmed by the constant bombardment of technology, responsibilities and relentless pursuit of our goals, it is critical that we regularly take some time to step back from our day to day lives and objectively reassess where we are on our life path, who we have become, and more importantly, who we choose to be in the future.
At Spiritual Quest Journeys, we believe that there is no better way to do this, than to explore both our outer and inner worlds. Our spiritual tours explore ancient sacred sites, mystical and magical locations, fascinating places, holistic wellness centers and retreats around the world. Most importantly, we recognize that time away is hard earned vacation time and our tours are imbued with a sense of excitement, adventure and fun.
As spiritual travelers ourselves, we acknowledge the importance of a well balanced tourism offering, and each itinerary is carefully designed to offer a subtle blend of seamless destination management; interconnectedness with the earth, exploration of the area and culture; personal development, relaxation and integration time; ceremonies and meditation; group consciousness support and guidance; and something unique and exclusive. In essence, unique travel experiences that an individual would be hard pressed to create on their own.
So if you are waiting to exhale or looking for an amazing life changing experience, explore our website or contact us.
Life changing spiritual tours to enrich your life
|Land of Leprechauns and Celtic Magic
Ireland | 22 – 31 August 2014
|The spirit of Etruscan Italy
Italy | 25 Sept – 2 Oct 2014
|Nepal – Yoga, Yaks and Yetis
Nepal | 1 – 11 Nov 2014
|Ancient Egyptian Wisdom and Mysticism
Egypt | 8 – 20 November 2014
|Peru – Expansion of the Heart
Peru | 23 Nov – 7 Dec 2014
|Spectacular South Africa
South Africa | Dec 2014
|Sedona – Beyond the Vortex
USA | February 2015
|Take a walk on the wild side Zambia | 18 – 25 May 2015|
If you would prefer to travel on your own or with friends and family, we can tailor make tours to all of our destinations.
If you are unable to make the journeys physically, we do offer Holographic Journeys on all tours with Charlotte Szivak. For the upcoming holographic Journey to Egypt, please visit Egypt – Alchemy & Divine Egyptian Magick and scroll to the bottom of the page for more details. To book, please contact Peta@spiritualquestjourneys.com
If you believe you have what it takes to be a journey leader and would like to travel with your own groups, please contact me: Peta@spiritualquestjourneys.com
Transformative Intuitive Coaching
Are you living the life of your dreams?
If there are areas of your life where you are experiencing lack, indecision or frustration and are ready to live fully and in joy, contact Peta for intuitive coaching – either a one off session to gain clarity on a specific issue or for a course of sessions tailor made to suit your needs. With your permission, Peta will tune in and read your energy as it is currently and identify what needs to be released, shifted or manifested before guiding you through an energetic process.
Sessions are available over skype or in person.
“Peta always gives clear, professional guidance from a place of experience and understanding and gets to the core of any issue very quickly. I worked with her in areas that I was blocked, and her ability to clearly identify those areas and resolve them is remarkable. Peta´s sessions are always exceptionally inspiring and I enjoy working with her because she easily bridges rational, real world scenarios that we have to deal with every day and spirituality. It is a pleasure to work with her.”
Designer – United Kingdom
Why work with Peta?
- Overcome fear
- Come out of hiding and shine your light
- Find balance in every aspect of your life
- Move through limitation
- Gain and shift perspective
- Achieve clarity without doubts
- Learn techniques to: make decisions; get out of self doubt; manifest and magnetize your ideal life; release fear and limitation; clear energy that is holding you back; feel joy, bliss and gratitude; be present, grounded and connected
- Be more authentic and confident
- Find your Mojo every day
- Establish your own energetic tool kit to empower your life in every way
For more information and for bookings, please email me at Peta@spiritualquestjourneys.com.
If you have received this email from a thoughtful friend and would like to sign up for future newsletters and receive a copy of our free eBook on practical energetic work SIGN ME UP NOW!